Who are you?
- Someone who spends lots of time sitting all day long: an office job worker, a teacher, a driver, etc.
- An athlete involved in vigorous sports such as running, weightlifting, yoga, gymnastics, soccer, golf, tennis, etc.
- Someone who does heavy lifting for work: a construction worker, a moving company worker, a nurse, a parent frequently picking up heavy little children, someone who does household work, etc.
- Someone who has been involved in a non-fracture traumatic accident such as falling on the ground or being rear-ended in a motor vehicle accident before.
Do These Sound Like Your Problems?
- You feel like you pulled a low back muscle by twisting your torso or by lifting something up heavy in a bad posture.
- After the traumatic incident, the pain and spams start right away or the next morning you wake up with the symptoms
- You have low back pain that does not go away in a couple weeks, gets worse with sitting or standing, but gets better with resting on your back.
- You have tight low back muscle spasms that make it difficult for you to sit or stand or walk or get in a car. Any jolting movement exacerbates the pain and spasms.
- You have a constant dull achy pain that gets sharp with sneezing, coughing or any jolting movement. Sitting in a moving car and while going over a speed bump will make you cry.
- You feel so drained at the end of each day from having the low back muscle spasms all daylong, all you want to do is lie on your back.
- Sometimes the spasms will make your legs so weak that you collapse on the ground.
- You go to see your primary care doctor but all they do is prescribe some analgesics and muscle relaxants that may alleviate the symptoms for a couple hours but then they give you side effects and you feel so drowsy you can’t work. If you want to stay alert then you can’t take those medications and that means you have to clench your teeth and push through the pain. But if you want to have less pain by taking the pills, then all you feel like doing is sleeping all day long. What a crappy life that is!
- You may have been referred to a pain management specialist or physiatrist who performs epidural steroid injections which gives temporary pain relief but does not address the underlying problem.
- You may have tried physical therapy but it does not work for you long-term.
- You may have tried chiropractic spinal adjustments, which may give you temporary pain relief but again it does not last for long.
- Due to the long lasting pain symptoms, you wonder if you are going to need back surgery. But then you hear all these horror stories about how expensive it is to get back surgery and even after getting surgery, a significant percentage of people still have ongoing low back pain, which shows that the expensive surgical procedure may not likely do much to achieve your goal of healing the low back pain.
- You can’t sit or stand up straight for a long time, you are so debilitated that you can’t work, you miss out on all the activities that you had once enjoyed such as running, playing golf, or hanging out with family and friends.
- All you feel like doing is lying down in bed all day long feeling depressed. You feel like the once young, healthy and vibrant person has become so old and sedentary. You wonder if your life will always be like that for the rest of your life.
- You feel frustrated. You wonder if there are solutions out there to heal your low back pain in a more fundamental holistic way without having to rely on pharmaceuticals or surgery.
- You dream of a moment when you would no longer feel the low back pain and you are free to go out and actively live your life!
Trust me! I feel your pain. I’ve been in your shoes before just not long ago……..
I like to call myself a one-of-a-kind modern holistic doctor who has a unique background in combining Eastern Medicine with Western Medicine.
I completed my undergraduate degree in Chemical Biology at University of California at Berkeley and graduated with an MD from University of California at Davis School of Medicine.
In between medical school and residency training, I took a year off to pursue a yoga teacher training program “Soul School”at Wild Lotus Yoga Studio in New Orleans, Louisiana and intensively studied the anatomy and physiology of yoga. I also got certified as a personal trainer through National Academy of Sports Medicine and worked as a personal trainer to help overweight people achieve healthy weight.
I then did postgraduate training at University of Southern California at California Hospital Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program. During my residency training, I pursued the University of Arizona Integrative Medicine in Residency online curriculum, which gave me more tools for holistic primary care learning from the integrative medicine pioneers like Dr. Andrew Weil and Dr. Tierneoa Low Dog.
A personal severe work-related injury that led to chronic lower back pain for 10 months prompted me to seek healing through Traditional Chinese Medicine after futile attempts to treat it with conventional Western Medicine. After experiencing the healing benefits of acupuncture and Chinese Herbal supplements for my debilitating lower back pain, I completed training in Medical Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine for Physicians through the Academy of Pain Research under Dr. Tsun-Nin Lee in San Francisco, CA and became a certified physician medical acupuncturist.
I believe that the role of a doctor is not to merely prescribe pharmaceuticals, but to have various tools to help patients regain their balance the body and mind so that they can become strong enough to fight off diseases on their own and maintain wellness.
I currently have a private practice in Integrative Medicine and Medical Acupuncture in Los Gatos, CA. I have seen numerous patients with low back pain in my practice get healed when I used my expertise in nutrition, acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and yoga as first line treatments to bring back balance to their dis-eased bodies and minds.
Most of my patients who used to heavily rely on prescription medications for various chronic illnesses have been able to wean off of them as they started seeing me and getting exposed to my holistic treatments. Many of my debilitated chronic pain patients who had been scheduled for surgeries were able to become pain free without expensive surgery due to my cost-effective acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbal supplement consultations.
Since I have been a patient myself who has experienced the challenges of having chronic low back pain and through years of studying as an Integrative Medicine physician figured out a holistic solution to heal myself, I’d like to utilize my experience and knowledge to help many more people with chronic low back pain issues out there so they can live drug-free, surgery-free, pain-free, happy and well lives. This is how I came to creating HealingLowBackPain.com.
Thank you for visiting! Please sign up for my newsletter to get regular updates regarding Healing Low Back Pain. I’ll also send you my popular checklist to download in your inbox. This Checklist shows you: